There are so many Halloween activities for families with small children in the Atlanta area. In order to help you sort them all out, we put together a list of kid-friendly Halloween activities we think you should check out with your kiddos this year.
Here is a list of 11 things in and around Atlanta, Georgia worth checking out for a spooktacular time, in no particular order.
1. Haunted Hall of Fame at the Chick-Fil-A College Football Hall of Fame October 27th and 28th
Experience the spooky sights and sounds of Halloween during the Haunted Hall of Fame at the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame in downtown Atlanta! Kids ages 3 to 12 get in free when they arrive in costume. Run around the field of screams, dodge ghosts in our Skillzone challenge, trick or treat, visit our face painters and more!
More info: Haunted Hall Of Fame
2. Boo at the Zoo– Zoo Atlanta- October on the 20th, 21nd, 27th, and 28th 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Boo at the Zoo has tons of kid-friendly activities with Zoo Boo Town, pumpkin carvings, train rides, storybook character meet-and-greets, an inflatable corn maze, and more. Watch as animals are fed their special Halloween treats and don’t forget your costume!
More info: Boo At The Zoo
3. Ghostly Gatherings at The Fernbank Museum of Natural History Sunday, October 21st and 28th
Join them on evenings in October for this bewitchingly fun special event series featuring evening hours of the new outdoor experience, Woodland Spirits, as well as musical entertainment and hands-on activities for all ages. Drinks, including adult beverages, and a variety of snacks will be available for purchase.
More info: Ghostly Gatherings
4. Dinosaur Trick-or-Treat, also at the Fernbank Museum on Saturday, October 27th, from 10:00 AM 2:00 PM complete with games, activities and special treats for kids in costumes. You can also do the monster mash at the kiddie dance party and get up close and personal with a life-size replica of a Giganotosaurus skull.
More info: Dino Trick Or Treat
5. Pumpkin Festival at Stone Mountain Friday – Sunday’s now through October 28th
Stone Mountain Park’s annual Pumpkin Festival has become a family favorite with kids and parents alike! Enjoy park attractions, fun-filled games, live shows, and more! After dark, there is a new family-friendly nighttime experience featuring thousands of carved jack-o-lanterns lighting up each night.
More info: Pumpkin Fest
6. Owl-O-Ween Hot Air Balloon Festival at the Kennesaw State Sports and Entertainment Park on October 27, 6 PM to 11 PM and October 28, 4 PM to 11 PM
Enjoy breathtaking views from 2,000 feet above on a tethered balloon ride, or if you’d prefer to stay on the ground, this Kennesaw festival features seven stages of concerts, aerial performances, a costume catwalk contest, and much more.
7. Haunted Halloween at the Atlanta History Center on October 19th
Enjoy with trick-or-treating, kid-friendly ghost encounters, tasty bites and haunted houses.
8. The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is celebrating Halloween with four days (October 27th – 30th) of themed programming including crafts, story times, experiments and music. And, don’t forget to visit in costume on October 27 for trick-or-treating throughout the museum.
More info: Children Museum Halloween
9. Georgia A-Scary-Um at the Georgia Aquarium on October 31st featuring crafts, photo ops and trick-or-treating among beluga whales and manta rays. Even better, kids (under 12) who arrive in costume will receive free admission! Trick-or-Treat Wednesday, October 31st from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
More info: Georgia Scary-UM
10. Goblins in the Garden at Atlanta Botanical Gardens on Sunday, October 28th, 10 AM – 4 PM. Show off the kids’ Halloween costumes on the Goblin Runway, make fall-themed crafts, enjoy a storyteller and ride a pony or a train. There’s even a cash bar for adult goblins!
More info: Goblins In The Garden
11. Avalon Trick or treat October 31st Avalon celebrate Halloween in style this year with a safe trick-or-treating experience throughout Avalon Boulevard. Pick up a map from the concierge and visit participating retailers, who will hand out candy and goodies throughout the day.
More info: Avalon Trick Or Treat